Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Quest...

I stood there at the crossroads
Not sure of what lay ahead…….
Staring at the paths before me
Not knowing where each one led


 I then got one chance 
To view my life up-close
A chance to understand it
Before my path I chose



I traveled to a far land
To the mountains in the mist 
Whose barren peaks towered high
As the deep blue sky they kissed


 Valleys in the middle of nowhere
With tiny flowers in bloom 
Growing against the odds
Braving the icy winds and gloom
In splendid colors they dotted 
The gently rolling hills
Such a marvelous display of
Their Creator’s brilliant skills


 Perched on a rocky mound
Stood a crumbling monastery 
It seemed to be beckoning
Calling out to me


      Overwhelming exhilaration… 
As I began to ascend
For I knew this was the moment
When I’d begin to comprehend
 
 
 A glorious view of the valley
Bathed in the sun’s glare
It was then that I saw them
Dancing gaily without a care

 

A youthful group of monks 
In their robes orange and red 
Moving to the rhythm of the drums
Their tonsured shining heads


No creases on their brows 
No worry for the morrow
Their laughter enough to drown
Mankind’s burden of sorrow


   And I knew then that the path I chose
Would be of no consequence 
My attitude and my Spirit
Would be my life's essence!






 
  






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful peom! Something that I have come to realize as well .....

    ReplyDelete